Privacy & Security
At Pia Jewellery we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and users whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (Data Protection Legislation), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain how Pia Jewellery collects personal data from you, why we collect it, how we process it and where we may disclose it to other entities.
Pia Jewellery Direct Ltd is registered as a data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website at www.piajewellery.com and information provided to our call centre. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- If you telephone us, we may keep recordings of the call for training, fraud prevention, servicing your account and regulatory consent
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- We may also receive your information from another organisation that you have consented for them to share your data
We also collect data because it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are set out below.
- Improving our service and our products
- Understanding our customers' wishes and shopping preferences
- Direct Marketing
Privacy Notice UK Website
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies and other such software on our website contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system
- Your browser type
- The name of your internet service provider
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- The name and URL of pages you access
The purpose of this is for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This contains statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we use your information
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please call on 0333 240 6238 or email us at email@example.com
How long we keep your data for
At Pia Jewellery we are fortunate to have loyal customers who purchase our products over many years. To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and service we have decided to retain customer data for 15 years after the last purchase date.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may share your details with carefully selected retail companies and charities who we feel may be of interest to you. We may permit trusted retail partners to use your data in order to provide you with information about their goods and services by post, we do not share email addresses. We will do this when we believe it is in our mutual legitimate interest to do so.
The participating retailers are active in the following product categories:
- Food and Wine
- Gadgets and Entertainment
- Health and Beauty
- Household Goods
- Home Interiors
The types of charities that we work with are:
- Arts & Culture
- Overseas Aid
- Public Service & Military
In addition to the information that we share in order to comply with our legal obligations, we also may share or disclose the information:
- To our sister brands; Museum Selection & Culture Vulture
- To third parties that process data on our behalf
- To our trusted retail partners via data pooling
- To any other party with your prior consent
Data pools are groups of retailers who share information on what their customers buy. This pooled information is analysed to understand consumer's wider buying patterns. From this information, customers are sent tailored communications containing suitable offers that should be of interest to them based on what they like to buy. We do not share email addresses for the purposes of data pooling.
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
In the case of any request involving one of your rights, we will acknowledge your request within 48 hours and follow up with a more detailed response without delay and at most within one month of receipt of your request. We are permitted to extend this time period by up to two months if your request is particularly complex. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to withdraw from or amend the receipt of marketing communications. If you would like to do this please email email@example.com or call 0333 240 6238.
Updated July 2020.